Hi, I’m aurynn!
I’m an accomplished international keynote speaker, having presented at numerous tech conferences on a variety of topics.
My most recent work has focussed deeply on the culture of tech, and the ways in which culture is an inextricable part of how software is developed and the implications of what we build.
I’d love to be able to speak at your conference! My latest culture-based talks are:
- Creating Lasting Change, presented at DevOps Days Newcastle, 2018 (video pending),
- Serverless Cannot Save Us, At Least Not By Itself, presented at Serverless Days Auckland 2018,
- The People Disruption, presented at Umbrellar Live 2018 (Not filmed),
- Finding Port, presented at Canterbury Tech Summit 2017,
- When Do We Belong, presented at Code Camp Wellington 2017, PyCon AU 2017, and BSides Wellington 2017 ,
- Human Driven Development, presented at WDCNZ 2016 and LCA WOOTConf 2017
As well as a variety of professional, on-site presentations.
These talks cover the mechanics of contempt culture and how our culture builds exclusionary and systemic problems, and the organisational dynamics this will create.
I currently live in Wellington, New Zealand, and as a result I’m generally not able to make trans-Pacific journeys without financial aid. This generally leaves return flight costs as ranging from $500 (Eastern Australia) to $5000 (London/Europe), and any requests will need to detail how this is getting covered.
I am a Canadian citizen, which will generally make visa processes straightforward.
I am willing to fly to any country that has strong legal protections of trans people and gay people. As a result I am unable to fly to or transit through, for example:
- The USA
- The UAE
- Brazil, based on this Twitter thread from Coraline Ehmke
If you’re not sure if it would be safe for me to come to your country, please reach out and I’ll do some research on whether or not it’s a safe destination.
If your conference is planning an event in the US but hasn’t made a venue decision yet, try hosting it in Canada 🇨🇦 instead.
Speaking fees will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Smaller/regional conferences will generally be the cost of flights and accomodation, larger professional conferences and any company presentations will be charged accordingly.
All fees will be invoiced as payable in advance, and must be paid before my flights.
Still interested? Feel free to drop me an email, and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.